Sunday, November 8, 2009

No plot, no problems

I'm gonna admit it.  I'm having a hard time getting from Point A to Point B and let's just forget Point C.  I thought I had this under control.  Between my characters running off on their own program and a terrible case of exposition - this is going down hard.

I had a great night of writing on Friday, but then took Saturday off to regroup.  I'll admit it - I'm stuck.

There is SO much going on in this novel that I'm struggling with not editing it as I go.  I need to drive the plot forward but I'm mired in details.  That's kind of the story of my life.  Details.... love details.  Love planning.  With NORMAL I loved writing it.  So far I'm torn with Bite Me.  I want to love writing it too.  So far it's been fun but I'm reaching that stage where I'm going to have to write while kicking and screaming.  Maybe that's what my characters need, more kicking and screaming???

So, before writing tonight my word count stands at a paltry 6,400 words.  Only 43,600 to go... almost 2K a day.  Okey dokey. 

No comments: